When it comes to breakfast, most people opt for Bacon and Eggs. Since breakfast is considered as the most important meal of the day, it is just natural to eat the most number of calories during breakfast time.
If you’re on the hCG diet and you’re on phase 2 (which is the dreaded 500-calorie per day limit), you’re probably not enjoying your meals. Most people who drop out of their hCG diet journey is because the foods they eat do not taste good. People are led to believe that eating foods rich in flavor is almost “always” laden with calories.
Although there is some truth behind that, not all foods are like that. There are actually recipes out there that are safe to consume no matter which phase of the hCG diet you’re on.
In this article, we are going to cook the hCG Diet Omelet. I will share with you the recipe and the things that you need to do in order to cook this amazing egg omelet recipe.
Here are the ingredients that you will need to cook the hCG Diet Omelet:
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsps water
- 4 sliced onions
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheese
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 oz. meat of your choice
- Get a non-stick frying pan and lightly spray it with cooking spray. This is to ensure that the omelet will not stick to the pan and it also allows you to maneuver the omelet with ease.
- Place the non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Allow it to heat up until it smokes a little bit.
- Next, get a bowl and whisk the eggs perfectly. After whisking, add the water and the onions and mix it a little bit.
- Pour the omelet mixture into the frying pan. Allow it to cook a little bit and then use a spatula to turn it. Don’t worry if some of the egg will run beneath it as it is normal.
- The cook of the egg depends on the heat of the pan so I will not be able to give you a specific number of minutes. What you do want to watch out for is that the egg should be fluffy and that it doesn’t brown. A good 2-3 minutes per side will do the trick, but again, it is not an accurate indicator. Just use it as a guide.
- After the omelet is nearly cooked on all sides, top it with the low-fat cheese and cover it. Cook for another 2 minutes still over medium heat.
- Add the meat of your choice (precooked), onion, and the avocado. Fold the omelet one last time.
- Put the omelet on a plate. Serve and Enjoy!
Now, you’re probably worried that this recipe calls for 3 eggs. 3 eggs roughly equate to just 150-175 calories depending on the size of the egg, which is still within the bounds of the 500-calorie per day limit.
Always remember that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This hCG Diet Omelet recipe will make sure that you get all the necessary nutrition you need to plow through your day.